Tuesday, May 31, 2011

6-6 update

With Michele out of school for another week and me on watch, I've had some time to work on this board.  So far, I'm very pleased with how fair the bottom rail line has turned out.  This makes it so much easier to shape the rails, without having to work through whoop-de-doos.  I bailed at the last minute on doing the two-piece keel and just did the normal plywood keel.  So here is how it looks:
Tail in foreground, ready for  the top.
This clamping process is insane!  I need  either 4 hands or a helper.  I always worry about the glue tacking off before I get all the clamps dogged down.  It takes about 20 stressful minutes to get all the glue on the ribs, rails, stringers and blocking, lay the top and get it clamped and shimmed.
Committed at this point.
Clamp and shim craziness!


No comments:

Post a Comment